Our appointment as one of the first Motor Dealers in Cheshire to be awarded the "Approved Dealer" status by the Cheshire West and Chester trading standards department follows many years of commitment to the very highest standards of service and quality within the motor industry.
The trading business was formed in 1953 by our parents who still enjoy working alongside both myself,my brother Peter and the rest of the team.
During the last thirty years we have built the business up to new levels which will compete with some of the largest retail motor operations in the UK. Our prices are checked daily to offer our customers some of the finest value available anywhere.
With over fifty five years buying experience and the families continued personal involvement in the selection of stock on offer, we are proud to maintain the best possible quality and selection at all times.
What Does The Trading Standards Scheme Entail?
Car sales, servicing and repairs are a major source of complaint to Trading Standards. Some complaints are due to a small number of 'rogue traders', but most arise when honest businesses fail to check that their staff are competent, or have adequate knowledge of their legal obligations.
The Cheshire West and Chester Trading Standards scheme was set up to reduce these problems, and raise and promote the very highest standards throughout the county.
To become a member we have to adhere to very strict criteria:
- Comply with spirit and letter of the law
- Deal with all customers fairly, courteously, and in accordance with the good business practice guidelines.
- Have in place an effective customer complaint procedure
- Maintain adequate records for regular audits by trading standards.
- Co-operate with trading standards officers.
- Ensure that all vehicle descriptions are honest, accurate and truthful
- All vehicles must undergo a pre-sales inspection, showing the vehicles mechanical condition, and this report has to be made available for a potential customer to view
- Pass on all relevant information on vehicle histories to the consumers
- Ensure that only roadworthy vehicles are supplied for use on the road
- Guarantee the mileometer readings on all the vehicles.
- We must refund the full purchase price of the vehicle if, despite making reasonable checks, the mileage proves to be incorrect within the first 12 months of the purchase.
In addition to the Trading Standards criteria, all of our vehicles undergo a full 72 point INDEPENDENT pre delivery inspection.
We hope that our relationship we have with the Trading Standards will inspire your confidence, and will help you with the decision on your next purchase. We are very proud to be associated with, and recommended by the Trading Standards.
If you wish to find out more on the scheme, please feel free to call on (01244) 603713, or visit the Trading Standards web site on: www.goldenspanner.com
The family and staff look forward to welcoming you to Motorite. You may browse at your leisure and we will offer any help or advise when and only when you require it.
Finally I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our customers for their business and support over many years. It is always a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to the next time.
On behalf of my family and all our staff at Motorite our very best regards to you all.
Stephen Lee (Director)